3/20/16

Abstract CTD384

Hi friends - happy Sunday; hope you are having a great weekend!

I adore this image from the Color Throwdown (below) and was inspired by a card I saw on Instagram last week (rejoicingcrafts). I wanted to play along but I wanted to be totally abstract and messy - no rules here! :D

I used freezer paper to cut the PTI small scribble die 6 times and adhered each one to a square cut from MFT's pierced square dies. I then added a soft layer of color using distress inks and a darker color to the center of each circle. I sprayed each square with clear shimmer mist (I tried to capture the shimmer, so hard to do). I let these air dry; reheat the scribble dies and removed them (heating them up makes them easier to remove - you can see the inspiration video by Kristina Werner HERE). As you can see, they are messy and colorful and look like little cushions!

I sponged MFT Jelly Bean ink on PTI's Limeade Ice card stock using the SSS dots and lines stencil (looks like its sold out right now - sorry!). I adhered the squares and the green card stock to a base card of white, added a flag sentiment and lots of sequins. I decorated the inside with more colored card stock and some washi tape.



See all the shimmer - LOVE
Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a GREAT week; take care!

 Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Hero Arts Hello stamp and cut
Papers: PTI True Black, Limeade Ice, Neenah 110 lb. white, water color paper, freezer paper
InkVersamark, Distress Inks: Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves
Accessories: PTI Scribble Circle Die, MFT Pierced Square Die, Dots and Lines stencil, shimmer mist, sequins, white embossing powder, washi tape

Challenges:
  ctd384

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.