7/6/14

Verve Red, White and YOU inspiration


Hi friends; for those here in the US did you have a GREAT 4th of July? We did - it's been a nice, long weekend - it's been busy, but it's been really good!
Verve has a great inspiration photo - RED, WHITE AND YOU! I had a bit of time to play with my stamps and inks so I wanted to participate. I LOVE this paper, I purchased it...uh...a...long...time...ago...from Taylored Expressions and finally pulled a piece out to use. I love those fun, funky circles and color. It's got a bit of a beige cast to it, but hey, I made it work. :D



I used MFTWSC183 for the layout and incorporated fun colors from the designer paper. Hawaiian Shores die is from Verve Visual as are the flowers - stamps and dies - Bloom and Grow. The flowers were stamped with the rock and roll technique - they turned out funky eh? I thought they looked like a bit of watercolor and added to that 'handmade' look of the card! A dark chocolate hand cut banner and some stitching across the top finishes it off.

Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a GREAT week!

Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Visual Bloom and Grow and Treasured Words, PTI Signature Greetings
Papers: PTI Dark Chocolate, Hawaiian Shores, Pure Poppy, misc. PD
Ink: MFT Wild Cherry, Bubblegum, Berrylicious, Blu Raspberry
Accessories: Janome Sew Mini, Verve Visual Floral Circles Dies and Classy Label Die, corner chomper

Challenges:
  MFTWSC183 
MFTWSC183 
 

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! I just love all those layered flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous and I love the paper you chose <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.