12/20/13

Crafts 4 Eternity - Anything Goes

Hi friends - thanks for popping in! Hope you are having a GREAT day!!

This week at Crafts 4 Eternity, its a recipe we all love - "anything goes"! I made this card many, many months ago when my dear friend suffered the loss of her mother-in-law. She lived a good, long life - not sure that makes it any easier - but I wanted to make more of a 'happy' card to celebrate her life! AND while working on 'happy', I ventured into the Mixed Media realm - fun! The rainbow background was created with distress inks on watercolor paper. The image is from Stampin' Up (a really old one) and the sentiment is from Verve Visual. I don't think you can tell in the picture, but I added clear Wink of Stella to the flowers. I also flicked on some white paint for a bit more fun. The circles in the corners were done with a stencil and modeling paste colored with reinkers.





On the inside, you can REALLY see the Wink of Stella on the black strip - I took a close up so you could see the shimmer and shine. Just a standard strip of black card stock colored with the glitter pen.

TFL; hope you have a great weekend. Take care!!

Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: SU! Upsy Daisy and Verve Visual Forever in our Hearts
Papers: Misc. watercolor paper, PTI True Black, Hawaiian Shores, and Hibiscus Burst
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: distress inks - lots, clear wink of stella, polka dot stencil, modeling paste, Tattered Angels glitter mist, MS border punch


Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.