12/30/12

Thank U!

I made a very special thank you card for one of my daughter's best friends; they are the cutest group of girls. There are 5 in all that hang out together and this year they organized a Christmas meal and gift exchange. Everyone wrote a list of gifts they would like, couldn't spend more than $20, then they drew names - so each girl had a list of what everyone else wanted, but then they only had to buy for the name they drew...that way no one knew who had whose name. Cute eh? For their Christmas meal, they were each responsible for a meal item - they had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls and pumpkin pie...not bad for girls ages 13-14 (and please note, they cooked it all themselves, no help from adults)!!

Anyway, Kaity-bug got a great Nike shirt and you know...handwritten thank you's seem to have become a thing of the past and I hate that; hence I set out to make a special card for Kaitlyn to give her friend. If you can't guess, her friends fave color is pink - I tried to mix lots of pink with a bit of chocolate! :D

The layout is MOJO273; the focal point is a doily distressed in Spun Sugar and Tattered Rose; the other layers were also distressed. The pink ribbon (a very light pink was a gift); I tied on a 3-looped chocolate twine bow and added a pink prima flower. The flower has chunky glitter on the bottom petals, so I added some glossy accents and even more, finer glitter on all the other petals - seriously, what girl doesn't want some sparkle? I added a little "thank" tag from PTI's tiny tags, then die cut the "U" from Verve's I Heart U die set and embossed with large polka dots. I then used the DTP technique to apply Memento Angel Pink ink to the embossed dots - so cool IRL. I mounted the "U" with dimensionals. I left the inside blank so Kaity-bug would have plenty of room to write.

Thanks for popping in - here's wishing YOU a very Happy New Year!

Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: PTI Little Tags
Papers: PTI Sweet Blush and Dark Chocolate, DP by MME (Lost and Found)
Ink: Memento Angel Pink, PTI Dark Chocolate, Distress Inks in Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar and Old Paper
Accessories: doily, misc. ribbon, PTI tiny tags die, Verve I Heart U die, Cuttlebug embossing folder, pink rhinestones, chocolate twine

Challenges:
  MOJO273

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Michele. I'm sure your daughter's friend loved it. Sounds like your daughter has a wonderful group of friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card Michele. Happy New Year, hope it's a good one.
    Hugs Sally xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.