1/18/12

Praying for you Grandmother...

A friend from work asked me to make a card for her grandmother who isn't doing well and isn't expected to make it. :(  Breaks my heart, but of course I wanted to make the card for her.

Her grandmother loves purple, flowers and is a strong Christian so I tried to add those things in there - really focusing on the purple.

A tough card to make and I was so surprised how little purple DP I have!!! I mean VERY, VERY LITTLE but I did the best I could.




The flower is made with Papertreyink dies and a paperback book; I inserted a pearl into the center and edged it with Dusty Concord distress ink. I also edged the inside portion with the same ink. I cut two banners for the sentiments, "Praying for you" and "Grandmother". The inside says "Thank you...for the difference you've made in my life.".

Thanks for stopping by - hope you're having a great week!

Hugs, ~M.





WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps:  Verve Visual Forever in our Hearts
Papers:  PTI Vintage Cream, Royal Velvet, DP by Basic Grey
Ink:  Dusty Concord Distress Ink, Chai Tea Dye Ink
Accessories: BG pearl, PTI Beautiful Bloom dies, paperback book, nesties


4 comments:

Amanda R said...

Such a sad situation Michele but you made a lovely card for her.

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is beautiful.. the flower is amazing .and the card will mean so much
Lisa x

Lynette said...

A very beautiful card, Michele. Love your flower - so pretty!

Susan said...

Oh my - this is just beautiful and I'm sure your friend will be delighted.
I hope that your friend finds strength in the support of her family and friends at this difficult time.
Xx