11/8/10

TLT - RIBBON!

Okay friends, this week we are doing ribbon! Check out all the stunning creations at Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge Blog (whew, is that a MOUTHFUL or what?) but promise to come back and see me, K? Breathtaking aren't they?

I never seem to start on my challenges in advance - LOL; so on our way home from our girly girl trip this weekend, I was planning in my head what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to let the ribbon be the background AND I thought Robyn and her balloons were the perfect opportunity for more ribbon! So, the base card is Kraft; then I added another layer of Kraft with dimensionals and used 4 colors of saddle stitch ribbon from Papertreyink. Yummy!

I stamped Robyn on GKD white and colored with Copics. I stamped a 2nd set of balloons which I cut out and adhered with dimensionals after adhering ribbon for each balloon - lots of dimension going on with this card. The perfect little girl's birthday card - and seriously, wouldn't YOUR cheeks be all pink from puffing to blow that candle out? LOL

Won't you play along with the Ladybugs and create your own card with ribbon? Be sure to check out the deets HERE!

Thanks for stopping by; don't forget to check back later this week when I post a few pictures from our girl's weekend away - ahhhh...blissful!

Hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Repeat Impressions Birthday Cake Robyn
Papers: PTI Kraft, GKD White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics, PTI Saddle Stitch Ribbon, Nesties

12 comments:

  1. This is so cute and very clever Michele! I love how you used the ribbon for the string of the balloons. I LOVE PTI ribbon...especially the saddle stitch grosgrain. The background ribbon is flabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Michele, gorgeous selection of colours, perfect for that little cutie.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Michele - what a cute card .. i love the ribbons used as the strings from the balloons - what a great idea
    Pretty pastel colours
    Fab card!
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now thats a very clever use of ribbons!! love the balloon strings!! (ok ribbons!) gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michelle - what a fab idea! I'm gonna steal it! ;)

    Brilliant card - those sorbet colours go so well with this little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I NEED THAT RIBBON!!!!! I'm a huge ribbon addict and they look scrumptious!
    Beautiful card and I love the balloon string/ribbon too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah....watch that Mary J...she steals everything lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card, I love the ribbon background what a great idea. Goes so well with the image and the colours are perfect. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable Michele! I love that ribbon background and the ribbons you've used in place of the balloon strings. Also like how you've popped up the balloons. And Robyn is colored beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Michele, amazing card, I am starting to get quite into this Kraft cs thing, and love the colours of your ribbons. Robyn is such a cutie :-) All round fabulousness :-D Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card, it is darling and very creative!!!! Love ya, BFF

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling little ribbons for the fun balloons!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.