7/9/10

Wizard of Oz - I Think I'll Miss You Most of All

Remember that line from the Wizard of Oz, "I think I'll miss you the most"? I had a sweet friend just graduate from school and one of her fellow students (and friends) said this to her on their last day. How sweet is that?

Anyway, this friend likes hot air balloons; hence this card! I found this fabulous hot air balloon image at Bird's Cards - take a look at those amazing images! I printed the image on cream card stock and then printed it 3 times on to designer paper; two of the balloon images were cut from the soft green gingham paper; the basket was cut from the opposite side of that same gingham paper. I mounted the 2nd balloon and the basket with dimensionals AND used chocolate hemp as the "lines" holding the basket and balloon together. It looks so cool IRL. I used a couple different Copic marker to add a bit of shading.

The layout originated from THIS sketch from Taylor...didn't exactly end up that way though. LOL

I tried a new pearl pen to add the decorative dots on the DP; interesting pen; I'm anxious to try the "white" color I also purchased.

Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a GREAT weekend!! Hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Ditigal Image, PTI Mixed Messages
Papers: PTI Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Quite Contrary DP
Accessories: copics, nesties, pearl pen, sponging, hemp

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, Michele!! I love the air balloon image...the clouds paper works so perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Michele! Super image and nicely done. Congrats to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my family member! I wish to say that this article is awesome, nice written and include approximately all vital infos.
    I would like to look extra posts like this .
    Also visit my web-site how do you get rid of scar

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I've joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I've shared your site in my social
    networks!
    my page > skin lightening

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.