8/9/09

Birthday Cake, Shoes and Shopping

Greetings friends! This post is full of cards; I don't normally pack this many into one post, but what the heck!

I made this first card at the same time I made THIS baby girl card. You can see I changed up the paper on the center panel and the rest is the same. I really like these colors!

I also played with Fun Flock and added it as the icing on the cake - so soft and fuzzy. I have another card I'll show another day in which the entire icing on the cupcake is done with Fun Flock!

The cake was colored with Copics and the platter was colored with a Spica atyou glitter pen. So very sparkly IRL!

These next two cards were made at the same time (you know me, why make just one??)! I love the papers - they are all from Basic Grey's Sultry pack - I'm such a Basic Grey fan!!

This first card uses another new image from Inky Antics "Tweens" girl line. Didn't I tell you these images are just perfect for young girls? And yes, I had a paper-piecing good time! :D One of my all-time favorite techniques!

I colored her cool glasses with Spica atyou glitter pens and her various purses and bags were colored with Copics. Her pants and shirt were paper-pieced using the same Sultry paper pack. She looks pretty happy to be shopping huh? I know lots of people are hitting the stores for back-to-school shopping! Our little ones start back in about 10 days.

I used my rectangle nestability dies for the main image and scalloped layer and added 3 chocolate brads on the right side. You can see I also added a small piece of DP inside the card.

This next one uses another image by Inky Antics, but from the "My Friend Ronnie" line - another great line of stamps!

I used the same layout as the Tweens card, only changing up the main image and instead of brads on the right-hand side, I added a nice big flower. The little flower was originally a soft pink, I colored it brown using my Copics.

The sentiment is also by Inky Antics and says "Those shoes make you look so skinny!"...I've been looking for those shoes - anyone know where to find them?

I paper pieced her skirt and shirt and colored the shoes with Copics and Spica atyou glitter pens.

I'm glad you popped in; I hope you've enjoyed the various cards - I mean really, what more could a girl want? A birthday cake, shoes and shopping - sounds like a deal! I hope you have a GREAT week! Hugs, ~M.




WHAT'S IT TAKE? (Birthday Card)
Stamps: Something to Celebrate (birthday cake)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: GKD 80 lb. Pure Luxury White, DP from Michael's, PTI Hibiscus Burst
Accessories: Fun Flock, Spica atyou Glitter Pen

WHAT'S IT TAKE? (Tweens)
Stamps: Inky Antics Tweens
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & PTI Pure Poppy
Paper: Basic Grey Sultry, PTI Raspberry Fizz, GKD 80 lb. Pure Luxury White
Accessories: Nestability Dies, Brads


WHAT'S IT TAKE? (My Friend Ronnie)
Stamps: Inky Antics My Friend Ronnie
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rich Cocoa
Paper: Basic Grey Sultry, PTI Raspberry Fizz, GKD 80 lb. Pure Luxury White
Accessories: Nestability Dies, Brad, Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.