6/21/09

Hope for Comfort

A very dear co-worker's father passed away earlier this month. She has 2 sisters and those girls were most definitely the apple of their dad's eye!!! I've never met her dad, mom or sisters, but I feel like I know them. I've cried and prayed for them endlessly since their loss. My co-worker returns to work Monday; I'm so looking forward to having her back, but I know the hurt is very deep. I made a sympathy card for her and really like how it turned out. I used Basic Grey's Porcelain paper; it's so soft and elegant (at least I think so).

I used the stamp set "Hope for Comfort" from Stampin' Up! The white in the lower left-hand corner is a rub-on, I like that it's soft and elegant and doesn't jump off the paper. The main panel is raised with dimensionals and all paper is sponged with SU! Close to Cocoa. This next picture shows the inside of the card where I added a strip of the floral paper in which I used a border punch. Not sure you can see it in the photo, but it adds such a soft touch.

For my dear friend...I know your loss is great and the pain is deep, but remember to celebrate the memories; he was a wonderful man! {{{big hugs}}}

Thanks for popping in; I hope you're having a great weekend. And to all those fathers out there - HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Hugs, ~M.





WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Hope for Comfort by SU!
Paper: PTI Sweet Blush, SU! Mellow Moss, Basic Grey Porcelain
Accessories: SU! Rub-on, dimensionals, sponging, border punch

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card! What a wonderful way to express your feelings for your co-worker and family...cards can say more than we can at times, but especially one that is lovingly hand made. Love ya, BFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, thoughtful card. She is very lucky to have such a caring friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is absolutely beautiful and it's perfect for a sympathy card. This is a difficult time for your coworker/friend, and I know your thoughtfulness and caring are very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.