2/5/09

Just because...

Oh my, my, I really *heart* these stamps! This one is called Pen Pal designed by Elisabeth Bell and purchased at Funky Kits. Is she not the MOST adorable little girl? I had a marvelous time coloring her; I used Copics and a couple Spica Glitter Pens.

She reminds me so much of our oldest who is so creative; loves to draw, color, sketch, etc.

For the layout, I used Mojo Monday 72...I had to cheat a bit as my image was pretty long, but I still love the way the cards turned out! The "Just Because" is from Papertreyink's Mixed Messages set. Mixed Messages has a sentiment for anything you may need!

The base card is Regal Rose, layered with Chocolate Chip. All DP is by My Mind's Eye (have you noticed how much I've used My Mind's Eye paper lately...I love it; hope you don't mind!). These two pieces I got about a year ago at Hobby Lobby and just had small pieces left, but I thought they went well with the image - particularly those crowns, cuz this little girl is a P-R-I-N-C-E-S-S!!!

I used Martha Stewart's Lace Doily Punch; I really like the punch and think it adds such a delicate touch to any card.

The pearls used throughout the card are from a dear, dear online stamping buddy. She's the best!! For the brunette, I colored the pearls around the small flower brown; the blonde has pearls colored in one of the reds used in her shirt. I used Copics to color the pearls. AND see those flowers on the right-hand side of each card? The small flowers were pink; I changed them to red; one of the base flowers was light blue; one was yellow - yep; I made them BOTH chocolate with my Copics. Yummy!

I'm glad you stopped by; I hope you like my new friend - Pen Pal!

Take care and stop back by soon! Hugs, ~M.

6 comments:

  1. She is adorable you have coloured her in lovely, great card fab colours, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely and beautifully coloured,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, your coloring is FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such an artist! I really enjoy looking at your cards, especially the ones that you color they are simply beautiful!

    That Martha Stewart punch is super cool too. Might have to check that out next time I am at WalMart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those Elizabeth Bell images! You colored her beautifully, and both cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous coloring!! WOW if I could color like that I'd love these images too:)
    I really like the papers you used them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.