8/26/08

Petals & Stems in Sweet Blush & Berry Sorbet

I made this card in conjunction with Julee's Mojo Monday #49. I love her sketches and I love to play, but I seldom get them turned in on time.

:D

I also got the chance to play with some new papers and ink - WHEE - such fun for a woman of my age. LOL I hadn't had a chance to stamp 'for fun' in over a week; it felt so good!

The base card is from Papertreyink, Berry Sorbet - it's just so yummy!!! The next layer is PTI's Sweet Blush. These are the first two colors I purchased from PTI, but don't worry, I'm quickly stocking up on others unbeknownst to my significant other. Do they need to know EVERYTHING ??

The next layer is DP from Crate Papers; the flowers in the DP match the Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush perfectly, but I kinda covered them up so you can't see that huh? I stamped the 3 flowers from Verve's Petals and Stems set with SU! Certainly Celery for the vine and leaves; for the flower petals I used PTI's Sweet Blush and rock & rolled it with PTI's Berry Sorbet. This was the first time for me to use their inks. They dry sooo quickly; not sure I got all the residue off my clear stamps as I didn't get the best solid image, but I still think they look okay. I stamped the flower center with Berry Sorbet.

The SU! Confetti was layered on the opposite side of the Crate Paper DP; you can't tell much about it, but it's got swirls and pretty stuff all through it! I then layered it onto more of the Berry Sorbet. The circle in the lower right hand corner is stamped in Berry Sorbet onto the opposite side of the Crate Paper again; the saying is from Verve's Wonderful Wishes stamp set. It says "Wishing you a lifetime of happy tomorrows".

I added some paper piercing across the bottom on the Sweet Blush card stock. It's kind of busy, but I really like the colors; can't wait to play with the Crate DP some more - next time I promise to show off the pretty flowers!!

Thanks for peeking in; hope you're having a GREAT week! Hugs, ~M.

5 comments:

  1. You are always so creative. Very pretty. Love ya, BFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. Love the colors and papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. I love it. Great colors and great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card. I love the colors. So soft. LIsa SBS10

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a sweet card. Alsi, I love the birthday card in your previous post.
    TFS Joan SBS10

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.