1/11/07

CD Holder for Notecards

WHEW - I've been busy!

I totally CASE'd this from genie1314 of Splitcoast Stampers - I LOVE her sassy notes!

A friend asked me to make some gifts for her son's teacher; he attends a local Christian school and our oldest daughter had this same teacher when she attended the school. This teacher has also recently undergone a complete hysterectomy due to ovarian cancer - so she has lots of things to celebrate.

I've made several gifts and already handed them over (Jayhawk candle in a tin, Jayhawk candy bag, horse candy bag, stamped candle); but this one has been rolling around in my head (hear all that noise - lol) for a day or so; just glad I got a chance to work on it. I really like it!

The paper is all by Stampin' Up, it's their "Love Me" Designer Paper - I love it! It's two-sided and perfect for so many things. All the stamps are also from Stampin' Up "For Goodness Sakes".

The CD Case is a bit odd sized and I didn't have the 'right size' envelopes....rather than buying some, I decided to make little notecards that the teacher can write on and send home to parents or to co-workers, or whatever her heart desires.

There are 8 notes cards, 4 on each side of the CD Holder and a matching prayer journal with the teacher's first name punched out.

The scalloped and circle punches are BRAND NEW and I COULD NOT WAIT to use them! <*wink*> In fact, I put them to use the first night I received them - they are both the Clever Lever by Marvy.

I purchased the punches from Frantic Stamper (no relation, she just has great products, prices and is a joy to work with); the CD cases were ordered from http://www.blissweddingsmarket.com/ (exact link is http://www.blissweddingsmarket.com/store/000058.htm).

Hope you enjoy; thanks for stopping by to take a peek!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.