7/1/21

MIUCB - Aperture (Fabulous or Fail)

Hi friends! Welcome back to this month's challenge at the Mix It Up Challenge Blog - APERTURE! I'm not sure if I accomplished the challenge? What do you say? I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but I had all these flowers stamped, so I decided to follow Jennifer McGuire's shadow box card video to create my card - boy did I learn a lot!

There really is a 'heavy' card stock that is - for me - too heavy for this type card. I used Brutus Monroe's Not Your Mama's Cardstock, it's 130 lb. and it certainly makes the card heavy weight, but doesn't crease as easy or elegant as something a wee bit less heavy weight. #lessonlearned

I also should have placed the butterfly much closer to the edge, it's really too far over for the design. 😖 But once you've used 2 way tape AND glue, there was no moving it. The card was fun to put together and I love how it turned out; it should fit an A2 envelope, but with such a heavy weight card stock, I found it was too think for an envelope. That's okay, it can easily be tucked into a gift bag or given directly to your recipient.


All flowers, sentments, and dies are from The Greetery, Always in Bloom. The circle dies are from SSS, HERE. The background has a heart stenciled with another stencil over the top, it looks cool IRL. Thanks for stopping by; I hope you join us; we truly love seeing your creations!

WHAT'S IT TAKE:

Stamps: The Greetery Always in Bloom, (butterfly from CHF, discontinued)
Papers: Brutus Monroe Not Your Mama's Cardstock, TE Cupcake. PTI Bitty Big
Accessories: The Greetery Always in Bloom dies, SSS circle dies, Copics

CHALLENGES: 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future fun posts by following me!

1 comment:

  1. I think the Butterfly is beautifully place within the design, you know she will move from one flower to the next when we are not watching anyway... :)
    Amazing design all encapsulated within that aperture and I love your chosen words.
    Thanks for sharing another inspiring creation.
    Best wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.