9/10/17

Another Color Throwdown Challenge

Hi friends - once again, I LOVE the colors for this week's Color Throwdown (ctd459) challenge (photo below) - red, black and white.

I made two cards, both using the adorable bicycle from Gina K's Sentimental Summer card kit. On the first one, I sponged the background and die cut a circle towards the top. I stamped, embossed and die cut the bike then colored with Copics. I stamped the sentiment and then at the VERY LAST minute, I decided to make it into a shaker card using some Queen and Company filler. I glued a few throughout the circle so not everything would fall to the bottom.

I cut two more bicycles and layered them together to create some sturdiness and dimension then following along the 'shine' theme, I added glossy accents to the bike. Clear wink of stella and a few polka dots finish it off.






The second card was created with the circle I cut from the first card. It's REALLY hard to see, but I stamped the bike in gray and the sentiment in black. I layered the circle onto this fabulous black/white background created with Right at Home's watercolor background stamp; several layers of VersaFine black ink provides such solid coverage!
Look really close, you an see the bike in gray ink. :D





Thanks for stopping by; hope you had a GREAT weekend. Take care!

Hugs!


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Gina K Sentimental Summer, Right at Home watercolor background
Papers: Ranger water color, Neenah 110 lb. and 80 lb. white, PTI Berry Sorbet
Ink: Candied Apple oxide ink, VersaFine Black, Festive Berries distress ink
Accessoriesglossy accents, clear embossing powder, Copics, Queen and Co shaker bits, MFT wonky circle die, MFT stitched die, PPP sequins

Challenges:
  CIC459

1 comment:

  1. Fun card.... Sweet sentiments!! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.