8/17/17

Go ahead...blow out those candles!

Another birthday celebration at work this week; I made this super fun and simple card using Distress Oxide inks. I heat embossed the candles, spritzed the paper with water, added ink to a small piece of acetate also spritzed with water, then smooshed the ink on the card stock. I dried each layer before adding the next color so nothing would get muddied, only 3 colors were used (Wild Honey, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean). I cut down the main panel, as well as the top layer of the base card so you could see the yellow designer paper peeking out.

I stamped the inside with Oxide ink too; amazing how AWESOME the ink stamps - LOVE IT! When all done, I felt the front panel was just too plain, so I used the mini ink splatter stamp from Your Next Stamp using the same Oxide inks but adding Peacock feathers for a darker blue. Since they were stamped full strength, they are a bit stronger in color which I love.




That's it - quick and simple; thanks for popping in; hope you have a GREAT day!

Hugs!


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: MFT Make a Wish, Mama Elephant Birthday Wishes, Your Next Stamp Mini Splatter
Papers: Ranger water color paper, Neenah 110 lb. white, misc. dp, MFT dp, VersaMark
Accessories: white embossing powder

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.