5/29/17

Beyond Bold!

Stripes, chevron and BRIGHT, BRIGHT colors. Hope you have some shades!! :D

I created this card a few months ago for Splitcoaststampers and just love how bold and vibrant it is!

I stamped a ton of flowers from WPlus9 Doodle Buds in VersaMark and heat embossed with HA white embossing powder, Then I heat embossed quotes and the word 'friend' from Verve Visual's Text Objects on to some of the flowers and leaves. Once that was done I literally scribbled on color with Zig Clean Color Brushes - going for over-the-top bright I guess.

Once I finished scribbling, I gave them a liberal spray with water and allowed to air dry; once dry, I die cut all the images and formed a pretty bouquet. I used press 'n seal to pick up the bouquet and set it aside while I worked on the rest of the card.






I thought it would be fun to add some stenciling behind the flowers - you know, I was thinking all soft and subtle - yeah, that didn't happen. But I love how it turned out! I added the striped paper at an angle and there is actually a 1/2" strip of black glitter paper at the top of the striped paper (mainly hidden behind the flowers)!

The paper and flowers were adhered to Canson water color paper and then adhered to a white note card.

TFL!



Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
StampsWPlus9 Doodle Buds, Verve Text Objects
PapersCanson water color, misc. DP, Neenah 110 lb. white, American Crafts glitter paper
AccessoriesSSS sequins, HA white embossing powder, Zig Clean Color Brushes, clear Wink of Stella, stencil, press 'n seal

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.