11/28/16

Purple & Silver - JUGS

Hi friends! Guess what? I found time this long weekend to stamp... JUST FOR FUN, goodness, that sure felt good!

I was thinking of Christmas ideas for my co-workers so I had asked several what their fave colors were AND what their colors were for their Christmas tree. One said their fave color was purple or blue - when I checked the new JUGS challenge, I knew immediately what I wanted to create. Just look at all that insane gorgeousness (photo below), seriously...jaw-dropping gorgeous IMHO!

I had already cut these silver circles using MFT's stitched circle dies so I set about making this card, nope - wasn't what I originally had in my head at all, but I still love how it turned out. I did some serious water coloring - you know, where you smoosh the colors on your craft mat and dip the images in. :D Only after embossing the images with Hero Arts sparkle embossing powder.



Can you see all that sparkle? Even better than a clear wink of stella pen (IMHO)!


I used a piece of Ranger water color paper for the background and added some whipped spackle through a Memory Box stencil; once dry I smooshed on more distress ink, mounted the water color paper and black/white graphic paper to a bit smaller base card so I could allow the silver circle to hang off the edge but still fit in an A2 envelope. I used Press 'n Seal to pick up the flowers once arranged, unfortunately when I was putting them back down (after applying glue), the Press 'n Seal touched the silver circle and left a little design element. HA, that's okay, it's homemade and that certainly proves it, yes?

Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a GREAT week!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: WPlus9 Doodle Buds
Papers: Ranger water color paper, black/white misc. designer paper, Neenah 110 lb. white
InkMilled Lavendar, Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves (ink pads/markers)
Accessories: SSS Friends painted die, shimmer mist, glossy accents, MFT stitched circle dies, WPlus9 Doodle Bud dies, Hero Arts sparkle embossing powder, Memory Box stencil, whipped spackle, distress markers, white gel pen

Challenges:
  JUGS371

3 comments:

  1. LOVE! Your fabulous background and those matching flowers -- WELL DONE! Thanks for joining in at JUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me be the first to say that this card is Gorgeous! I love the circle stitched die...it gives the card a nice base! Very, Very awesome Michele! Thanks for playing along with the girls and I at JUGS this week! You are have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Michele love the colours & embossing. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.