2/29/16

Guest Designer - The Challenge

I am beyond excited to be guest designing for The Challenge this week! Be sure to pop over to the blog to see all the great eye candy the design team has cooked up!


Our challenge is a masculine image:

I really struggle with masculine cards - YIKES; but I decided to dive right in and take inspiration from the various images AND the colors; so I made two cards! One literal interpretation and one color inspired birthday card. 

For the birthday card; I stamped the large happy birthday from Mama Elephant in Hero Arts black ink, I stamped both the large and small candles repeatedly in versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. I covered the piece with MFT's circle burst stencil and sponged on Chipped Sapphire Distress ink and MFT's Natural ink; love how you can see the embossed candles!



The literal interpretation is pretty straightforward using images from PTI's On My Couch and On My Couch Additions; the inside says "potato optional." - that always makes me laugh!



Thanks to The Challenge for having me guest; it's been a pleasure; and thank YOU for stopping by to visit!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Mama Elephant Birthday Wishes, PTI On My Couch and On My Couch Additions
Papers: DP by MME, MFT Whip Cream, PTI Kraft and Blueberry Sky
InkMFT Neutral, Kraft, Chocolate Fudge, Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink, Versamark
Accessories: MFT Color Burst stencil, PTI On My Couch die, yellow spica glitter pen, Copics, MFT Pierced Square Die, clear embossing powder, MFT Blueprints 15

Challenges:
The Challenge #62

4 comments:

  1. Both cards are terrific!! So happy you could guest with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are just fantastic! I love your stenciled background and the big, bold sentiment! So happy you could be our guest this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are super adorable and fit so well with the challenge! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, so glad you could join us as our Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.