11/17/15

Concord & 9th + StencilGirl Products

Did you catch that little periscope tonight? Nah, I don't have fancy equipment, I'm not well known, but I still thought it would be fun to show you a few of the products I used and where I landed with my experimenting...interesting outcomes! The replay of periscope will be up for another 24 hours, catch it if you'd like, you can find me at @whimsycreation.

Now, remember THIS post - I admitted I "might" kinda sorta REALLY like StencilGirl products! HA! And yes, I already ordered another stencil and might be eyeing a few more! In the post I linked to, I blended distress inks and accented the flower with distress markers; I adore how that card turned out; but I had the idea of using Bo Bunny sugar glitter paste with the stencil - talk about messy. Goodness sakes! I actually tried sugar glitter, whipped spackle PLUS sugar glitter PLUS Mister Huey mini mists for color, and sugar glitter with distress ink (that didn't turn out so well, too heavy handed) - fun experimenting though; I'll definitely be making cards with a couple of these and chalk the others up as fails. #ithappens

I used Concord and 9th's Happy Hue's watercolor card pack for all the cards; just layered on the stencil and played around.

look, I used the other side of the Happy Hue's card stock for the inside (nothing goes to waste)

Embossing and look at the sugar glitter paste - delicious I'm tellin' ya!!

Another angle of the glitter paste and foil
For this particular card I am sharing, I covered the stencil in Bo Bunny sugar glitter paste ONLY and cut the front panel down using MFT's blueprints. Layered it onto an embossed piece of PTI Aqua Mist and mounted the entire piece onto PTI's rustic white. But first, let's back up and savor that gorgeous sparkle from the glitter paste. THEN let's look at that grunge-like foil - it's not perfect huh? That's OKAY; I don't own a Minc mini or even a laminator but when Shari and Heidi recently visited Tim Holtz's studio, I saw them use a mini collage glue stick and foil - yeah, a way I could participate in foiling - can't say it's elegant like some of the cards you see with the Minc Mini but its not mean to be! I do love the touches of foiling you can add here and there to any project! I finished the card off with an embossed piece of vellum and a few MME enamel dots.

Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a great week!

Hugs,



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Hero Arts Prayers
Papers: Concord and 9th Happy Hues card pack, PTI Aqua Mist and Rustic White, vellum
InkVersaMark
Accessories: Bo Bunny Sugar Glitter Paste, mini collage glue stick, Ranger foil, StencilGirl Playful Bloom stencil, MFT Blueprints, MME enamel dots, embossing folder, embossing buddy, liquid platinum embossing powder

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.