8/21/15

Crafts 4 Eternity - Summer Theme

Hi there - happy Friday! Welcome back to another challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity! This week we want to see projects with a summer theme; one lucky participant will win 2 images from Stamping Boutique.

Summer always makes me think of flowers and gardening; we had some beautiful pink and yellow flowers in our flower bed this summer...uh no, I don't know what kind; half our flowers were planted by our neighbor. HA - true story!

I made these watercolor cards quite some time ago inspired by Jennifer McGuire and the pink ones remind me somewhat of those in our flower bed. I created the background by smooshing some distress colors from my craft sheet onto the watercolor paper and then spraying with additional water - such a fun technique, then colored the flowers with distress markers. I added some shading/veins to the center of the flowers, also with a distress marker. I will say the paper warped quite a bit; I did buy some different paper to try so we'll see how it goes next time. I really like the look of masking off the edges allowing the watercolor flowers to shine through.




Thanks for stopping by; hope you take some time to join the fun!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Stampin' Up Upsy Daisy, Verve Visual Love's Flower and Dream Big
PapersPTI Sweet Blush and Winter Wisteria, Tim Holtz watercolor paper, vellum
InkDistress Markers, Black VersaFine
Accessories: Verve Visual sequins, MME enamel dots, clear embossing powder, painters tape, MFT Blueprints

Challenges:

1 comment:

  1. Just had to come over and see these beautiful cards Michele they are stunning!! hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.