2/21/14

Crafts 4 Eternity - Steampunk

Oh lordy - I'll start by admitting I had no clue what "steampunk" even was...had to do some research and learned a few things along the way. OK, here's the fun information on the challenge and below are some tidbits on my creation!!
sassy studio designs
This week prize is kindly donated by Sassy Studio Designs.
One randomly selected winner will receive  4 images from their fabulous collection.

This week Crafts 4 Eternity would like you to share any project with a Steam Punk theme. So come on, join the fun!!
This bike image was purchased from Etsy, isn't it adorable? It was actually printed on Copic XPress It paper - pure white! I distressed it significantly with Vintage Photo and Frayed Burlap distress inks.
I colored some modeling paste with Espresso dimensional pearls and used Tim Holtz's faded dots stencil for the background then I litterally 'threw' on some chocolate glitter mist - GREAT random pattern. I distressed the edges with ink and with a paper distressor for those frayed edges.

Last additions were some gears from Tim Holtz, a couple wood veneer pieces which I colored with Copics and a little sticker which says "travel"; the inside says "enjoy life" within the circle you see.  Thanks for stopping by; hope you enjoyed my venture into the steampunk realm!! :D
Hugs,
WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Papers: PTI Kraft, Copic Xpress It
Ink: Vintage Photo and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks
Accessories: wood veneers colored with Copics, Copics, Tim Holtz gears, distressor, Tim Holtz faded dots stencil, modeling paste, Espresso dimensional pearls, chocolate glitter mist, nesties

Challenges:
 

4 comments:

  1. Love the bike image!! Great steampunk card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers!! I had to double check this was your blog, something totally different for you, love it!! although secretly glad I didnt gave to make it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy I popped over here to take a look see. Your cards are absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally got a chance to come and see what you did with this image. Wonderful card!!Really great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.