10/18/13

Wags 'n Whiskers - Paper Piecing

If you are looking for my Crafts 4 Eternity post, please scroll down or click HERE.

Oh yes - I LOVE TO PAPER PIECE; so I was in heaven with this challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers!! And isn't this image just adorable? It's Ellie and Squeak - I'm in love (please note, this is the ONLY time I will ever love a mouse) . LOL

I paper pieced every single piece of the image! :D Ellie and Squeak are in the same polka dot paper, then I paper pieced the gift 2 more times - the verbiage 'wrapping paper' and then the ribbon is an additional layer. I colored the ribbon with a clear Wink of Stella pen and also added glossy accents for more fun dimension. I also paper pieced Ellie's party hat which also received some clear Wink of Stella accents - love all the sparkle and shimmer...oh, and did you notice Ellie's gorgeous toenails and tail? Yes, they have black Wink of Stella on them too - HA!



I doodled around the edge of the image, added some fun heart ribbon and a 4-looped bow then tied on a little heart charm from PTI's Tiny Tags set. Super fun - quick and simple too. I hope you'll join along in our paper piecing challenge! Have a great weekend and thanks for popping in - I so love when you visit!

Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Wags 'n Whiskers Ellie and Squak
Papers: DP by Echo Park, MFT Steel Grey, PTI Hibiscus Burst
Ink: PTI Hibiscus Burst, MFT Hot Fudge
Accessories: nesties, Copics, black enamel accents, clear and black Wink of Stella, twine, PTI Tiny Tags Die

Challenges:
  Crafty Ribbons Challenge

2 comments:

  1. I totally adore this :) awesome DT inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dotty elephant is soooooooo cute!!!! <3 Love, love, love your card! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.