7/16/12

Hey dude

I just love the challenge over at CR84FN - first time I've found this blog but boy am I glad I did!! Red/Yellow and a neutral - I was dying to create a card - but of course, my mind was on all girly stuff but then a friend requested a b-day card for her nephew who turns 5 in a few weeks. Well...why not make those colors work right? :D

Fastest card made in my crafting career - LOL. DP is from Bo Bunny; found some red - found some yellow and went to work. I covered the red polka dot paper with Antique Linen distress ink - yeah, boys get dirty and the white was just "too clean" - HA!


The cute little dinosaur was stamped on the white card stock then stamped 2 more times - once on the yellow DP and once onto Kraft card stock - I cut the entire image out of the yellow and then cut off just the "horns" from the Kraft and adhered with a glue pen. I roughed up all the edges - inside as well as outside. Stamped the "hey dude" on a Lil Inkers flag and added a jute twine stitch.


Card and Matching Envelope


I wanted to spruce up the envelope a bit to tie it altogether so I stamped the little dinosaur in Tuxedo Memento Black, PTI Pure Poppy and Summer Sunrise. Quick and simple - hope the little guy likes it!


Thanks for popping in - see you again real soon!


... you're a cuteasaurus ...



Hugs, ~M.


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: NO LONGER AVAILABLE Cornish Heritage Farms Kim Hughes' Little Boy & Birthday Bash
Papers: PTI Kraft, True Black, DP by Bo Bunny, Copic Xpress
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black,, PTI Summer Sunrise and Pure Poppy
Accessories: nesties, Copics, jute twine, Heidi Swapp distressor


Challenges:
  CR84FN

6 comments:

  1. oh this is cute .. and i just love the envelope
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like this - the little dinosaur is just fab! And I do like the decoration on the envelope too! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too Darned CUTE! 8-) Love the Fun paper pieced dinosaur and Darling matching envelope too! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Such a darling little creature! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, love how you used the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, such a sweet card!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.