8/1/11

TLT Fave Stamp

Hello friends; how are you?  It's time for another TLT challenge - it's been a MONTH, can you believe it?

I am passionate about Queenie-poo's Shoes 'n Bags stamps, you can see all the various stamps HERE.  In fact, if you'd like to know HOW much I like them you can see other cards I made with stamps from within this set:

Birthday Backpack
Hey Dude
Beach Babe
Orange Backpack
Sexy!
Summer Flip Flops

AND these images were just released at the end of April - HA, I use them quite often wouldn't you agree?  So it was an easy choice today when I needed to pick my fave stamp to use - ANYTHING from the Shoes 'n Bags category and I was good to go.

I love this shape card; but I must remember to use a smaller size die - I don't have an envie this card will fit in - LOL!!

I cut the notebook die and then stamped notebook paper (very, very light) before stamping my main image.  I colored it with Copics and then added some BV000 - I've been watching Debbie Olson add shading using BV01 typically so I thought I would give it a try....I used it in the corners of the bag and around the tie-on; can you tell?  What do you think?

I finished the card with some twill ribbon, a tag which says "Life's a Beach!" tied on with some crinkled ribbon.  Oh yes, I added some microbeads to the flip flops - pur-dy huh?  :D  LOVE them so much; I was so jealous of Queenie-poo always having microbeads but now I have some.  Nana poo-poo!  LOL

Hope you'll check out the challenge and then join the fun!

...life's a beach!...
Hugs, ~M.


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps:  Ladybug Crafts Ink Shoes 'n Bags
Papers:  GKD Cream, DP by MME, PTI Kraft and Aqua Mist
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamagic Wheat, Chamomile Tea Dye Ink
Accessories:  Copics, nestie, PTI dies, twill ribbon, crinkle ribbon
 

15 comments:

theCook said...

So beautiful! Love that shape...

Lisa Jane said...

oh i really am loving your shaped cards ... this is fab.. wonderful colours and cute little notebook page
Lisa x

Mary J said...

So very beautiful Michele! Lovin' the shaped cards - just brilliant!

Sue said...

Gorgeous Michelle, LOVE this image, and great shape and papers to go with them :-D Sue xx

joy said...

What a pretty card! Love the colors. I like the way you used the BV000. It gives depth and dimension to those areas. I think I'll give that a try!

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Michele,I'm always making the mistake of making a card then having to doctor a large envelope down to the right size. This is just a brilliant shape too!.x

Pami said...

I love shoes and bags as well Michele!! Love this card and the gorgeous paper! Pami x

pinky said...

Thats gorgeous Michele, I love the shape of the notebook, very posh and perfectly suited to the gorgeous image.

Amanda R said...

Love the shaped card and that paper Michelle! Gotta get those flip flops out again, great stamp!

Anita said...

Love the shape and papers Michele and I can see why you love that stamp - it looks beautiful! Hope your job is getting better for you.

Kim Dellow said...

So beautiful and summery. Kim

Cheryl said...

What a cute card! When I first saw it, I thought the shaped card was the flap of a handbag or beach tote! Love the memo with the adorable flipflops and bag stamps.

*Alison* said...

Oh my heavens.. this is so pretty.. I really love the colors of this card, and that shape is wonderful.. :) HUGS

♥Gry said...

♥Hi Michelle!
I love making new friends♥♥.I just found your blog today, and became a new follower. Your work is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your lovely projects.♥

Hugs from Norway (Gry)

Kerry said...

Way hayyy..... Loving your microbeads!!!! They look flabulous on the flip flops. Gorgeous card...love the shape...perfect :-D xx