1/26/10

Love

I FINALLY had a chance to create a bit this week - it's been over 2 weeks since I've had time...I feel so much better! LOL

Tonight I wanted to participate in the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge - Round or Square? I decided to go with round...I rarely make round cards so it was fun to try.

I used DP from Basic Grey's Bittersweet paper pack - love, love, love this paper! I used oil pastel crayons & OMS to color the letters in "Love" fading from a light pink to a brighter pink. Then I colored over each letter with a clear Spica Glitter Pen (hopefully if you click the picture you can see a bit of the glitter). The stamp is from Verve Visual's new release, Love's Flower. I think this had to be one of their BEST releases to date - so many great images, fonts, quotes, etc.

See that pretty heart scalloped punch - I have *hearted* (pardon the pun - LOL) that punch for a year and FINALLY purchased it recently with a coupon - just love it! I also added the same punch strip inside the card as well as more of the striped Bittersweet paper. From the scalloped hearts, I saved 3 small solid hearts and adhered them to the inside of the card too. Lots of papers, lots of embellishing - such fun. It was just fun to create!!

Are you gearing up for Valentine's Day? Any special surprises up your sleeve? Do you buy treats for your children or your significant other? Leave me a note and tell me what YOU have planned; I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a GREAT week! Hugs, ~M.

RF (Random Fact): Rhode Island is the smallest state with the longest name. The official name, used on all state documents, is "Rhode Island and Providence Plantations."



WHAT'S IT TAKE (scrappy card)?
Stamps: Verve Visual Love's Flower
Paper: PTI Raspberry Burst, Hibiscus Burst, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, DP by Basic Grey
Ink: Versamagic Jumbo Java, SU Close to Cocoa

Accessories: nestabilities, sponging, MS Scalloped Heart Punch, felt flower, button, twine, light pink rhinestones

4 comments:

  1. How super awesome. You did a wonderful job on the circle even though you dont normally do them. Great colors and I love the pattern paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Love the circle and the punch on it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so great! I really like all the colors and the heart punch...wowie I think I need one of them!! What is the brand and/or where did you get it? Circle card...what a great idea!

    I just love looking at your new creations! You always inspire me to get creative!

    How's your little guy? Hope he's feeling better!

    Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous - love the way you finished off the inside, too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.