1/8/09

Upsy Daisy in Black & Red

Remember THIS card? Well, I decided I wanted to use the sketch and stamp set again but use a splash of color. I like it...but not as well as the black and white one. What do you think? Its still a GREAT stamp set with so much potential...I just need more time to play! :D

The base card is SU! Real Red layered with lots of different Scarlett's Letter DP from Basic Grey. I also used SU! Black and SU! Very Vanilla. I'm loving Very Vanilla; I find myself reaching for it more and more.

The layout is Sketch Challenge #208 from SCS; very easy, but fun. I embossed the flowers and sentiment again and added two prima flowers. The larger flower was originally light pink and the smaller one was originally a peach color; I changed both with my Copics. I *heart* doing that! Added a pearl to the center of the flowers and also added 3 pearls in the bottom right-hand corner to tie it together.

Thanks for popping in; it's always great to see you! Hugs, ~M.

3 comments:

  1. ohhh...that is gorgeous. I love the dramatic color combination.

    (Also, getting back to you from my blog post today--yes, sometimes it takes AWHILE to get a response if you email publishers directly. I usually try to find the information on websites if I can...otherwise...they will get back to you--sometimes it just takes them awhile! Good luck!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!! I have so many stamp sets that I am not sure if I bought that one! UGH! I better check and get that one! GREAT ARTWORK!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.