4/13/08

Diva Altered Lunch Pail

This gorgeous altered lunch pail was made by one of my girls - can you guess which one? I think it turned out incredibly well - hmm...might I be biased? :)

I will admit her daddy helped glue the paper on so we could get the swirl on either "corner" of the box and I showed her how to paint the lid. I also did the rub-ons for her as she's never seen or used those before; but hey, let's give her 90% of the credit!

The top of the lunch pail says "Diva" with lots of swirls; the front of the pail says "Princess" with even more swirls! We added 3 flowers to the front, a pink, a green and then I altered one with my Copic markers to be burgundy. She also picked out all the ribbon; I did alter one piece of white ribbon to be burgundy - again with my Copic markers. Here's a view of the front of the pail:

Do you like it? I've had 2 of these lunch pails sitting around forever and I haven't done a thing with them; I was delighted when she wanted to give it a whirl.

She's also the owner of this handsome man named "Patches"; he's gotten SO BIG from our original post - check out the difference.

Sorry, I have no clue who made the paper we used on her pail; she picked it out the other night when I was getting items for some baby announcements and I never even looked at it.

I hope you've had a great weekend; I found a bit of time to stamp and after the really cruddy Friday I had, it felt good to find some 'me' time in this weekend!

We also started soccer games this weekend - at 8 a.m. no less. It was mid-30's at 8 a.m. with the most blustery wind you can imagine. We had 2 games AND pictures so we got there at 8 a.m. and left at noon. It was fun, but my allergies certainly didn't find the wind fun; I was really sick until mid-day today, Sunday. Just glad I'm finally feeling better.

If you're a personal friend of the young lady that made the altered lunch pail; leave her a note; she'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for checking in; have a great week! Hugs, ~M.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this. I especially like that it says "Princess" on it....after all, they call me the pampered princess at work. Maybe I should order one from her!!!!!!

    Love ya,
    BFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!! Doncha just love it when they show some interest in what you're doing? She did a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.