7/29/12

A little birdie...

Hello friends! Are you enjoying the Olympics? I am utterly ADDICTED - it's bad BUT today I discovered I could watch numerous events live online! :D

We don't have a TV downstairs so I almost always have my laptop with me listening to music but today I watched sand volleyball - men and women as well as regular men's volleyball. FUN! So excited to have found the links - there is a guide showing you everything that is available to watch LIVE. W@@T, W@@T.

OK, I know, you really didn't stop by to hear me rave about the Olympics huh? OK, moving on to the card I created for this week's Cupcake Inspiration challenge; first up our magnificent inspiration photo:



And we are sponsored by the fantastic Robyns Fetish; talk about GREAT images!!



So here's my take on this week's picture using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #164.

I colored the image with Copics and added shading with colored pencils - I like...it was my first time to try.

For the little tag on the front, I actually made it into a small removable piece which says "Hello Friend". I combined 2 sets from Verve Visual along with my digital image. The tag was stamped with flowers from Hope Blooms in a very light VersaMagic blue ink.

Here are all the pictures; thanks for looking!! Have a great week!

Inside
  
Card and Tag


Hugs, ~M.


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Robyns Fetish A Little Birdie Told Me, Verve Visual Hope Blooms
Papers: PTI Kraft, Dark Chocolate, DP by MME
Ink:  VersaMagic Wheat and Blue
Accessories: nesties, Copics, colored pencils, black enamel, Janome Sew Mini, Felt by Ladybug Crafts Ink, PTI buttons, chocolate twine


Challenges:
  Crafty Creations Challenges
  The Poodles Parlour
 CASE study challenge #101

10 comments:

Karen Giron said...

this is DARLING! I love the image and its colored perfectly. Love the double tag too - fabulous job!

Lisa Jane said...

LOve the pretty colours and the felt flower
Lisa x

Anita said...

This card is beautiful Michele. Your coloring is beautiful and you have nailed that sketch!

lalkygirl said...

what a gorgeous card and such a fab take on the pic
thanks for joining us at the poodle parlour and good luck
traceyx

Kerry said...

I'm loving the Olympics too M Pee...did you see the opening ceremony on Friday? Wasn't the lighting of the cauldron stunning! Almost as stunning as your card that is lol. Love the colors...the bird is colored awesomely (is that a word?? It is now lol) and that felt is just lushalicious!! xx

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Such a CUTE card, perfect execution and great colours!! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Jean Martin said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!! Suuuuuuuper cute!!!!! That bird is sooooo cute!!!! I love your card! :) I'm so glad you could share this with us at CASE Study Challenge. I hope to see your fabulous work again next week! :)

Lindsey said...

Such beautiful, delicate colouring! Sweet card. Thanks for linking up with Crafty Creations Challenges!

Lynette said...

What a beautiful card, Michele! Your coloring is totally awesome. I hope you are enjoying your summer!

Bedbuglinen said...

I would SO love 2 cards like this! My girlfriends would love receiving them! I love the color combination you used. Anything you do will be wonderful! What talent, Michelle!